Toilet WC- Vertical waste pipe

Hi

We are looking for a new toilet that connects to a waste pipe vertically through the floor.

After some home renovation we have a long 2 metre wide bathroom. The waste pipe that comes up vertically through the floor at 9=94 from the wall (Measured to centre of pipe). This gives us a situation where a standard Loo would be in the middle of the room.

So we would like a Toilet that can connect directly onto the vertically pipe and sit as far back towards the wall as possible. Can you anyone anything?

Regards

Chris Cheshire

Reply to
Chris

What's the floor construction? Is there any chance of lifting a few floorboards and repositioning is back, possibly by use of elbows?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It isnt possible to fit a 'modern' close coupled toilet directly onto a soil pipe that is so far from the wall. There are '?' shaped pan connectors available(rather then the normal 90 degree bends), but iirc, they will only fit soil pipes that go out by around 7". The best solution is to re-fit the soil pipe to get the inlet closer to the wall. Another option is to fit s 3 inch or so box section behind the toilet cistern, though this will not look too good unless decorated well. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Something like a Roca Sydney WC with a swan neck pan connector connects with the pipe centre at 210mm from the wall (just over 8"), so should work without too much problem. Otherwise I'd use a back to the wall WC with a concealed cistern, and build the cistern unit to the required size to match the pipes up.

auctions

I had similar problem and found that Twyfords do several close coupled wc pans that have bottom outlets that are 220mm from wall

Refresh RE1145WH Entice EN1145WH Envy NV1145WH

they also do the flexible coupler WF1224x which connects pan to soil pipe.

Rocky

We are looking for a new toilet that connects to a waste pipe vertically through the floor.

After some home renovation we have a long 2 metre wide bathroom. The waste pipe that comes up vertically through the floor at 9? from the wall (Measured to centre of pipe). This gives us a situation where a standard Loo would be in the middle of the room.

So we would like a Toilet that can connect directly onto the vertically pipe and sit as far back towards the wall as possible. Can you anyone anything?

Regards

Chris Cheshire

Reply to
rocky

Reply to
rocky

Our North American toilets with the flush tank mounted on back of the bowl portion, against but not supported by, the back wall, sit further out than that ........................... just a mo I'll go measure ours.

Ok centre of floor flange onto which the toilet base is bolted which is a 3 inch** vertical directly into a 90 degree bend back to the soil/ vent pipe enclaed in the in stud wall behind the toilet is;

14 inches from surface of rear wall, 17 inches from wall on right hand side (when you are enthroned) and on which the essential roll of Bronco is mounted!

So maybe that's the type to use?

PS. ** We know it's 3" pipe cos we built much of the house ourselves and have had to lift and replace toilet a few times during last 40 years.

Reply to
terry