toilet waste position

The waste for my toilet is set in a solid concrete floor that is 8 inches too far forward for a toilet to sit flush to the wall, no pun intended.

Is there an adapter to get round this.

Reply to
Richard

It's very difficult - unless you dig up the floor and move or replace the waste pipe. It is designed for a toilet with a low level (or even high level) cistern, connected to the pan with a J-shaped pipe rather than a close-coupled cisten sitting directly on top of the pan. To use this with a pan nearer the wall than originally intended, you'd somehow have the bring the outlet back under the pan.

Why not make a feature of it, and build an 8" storage box between the wall and the back of the cistern?

Reply to
Set Square

I saw a "solution" for this on some diy program or other. You stick the toilet off to the side, and plumb in the soil pipe with a 90 degree bend, attached to a flexible waste with a further 2 90 degree bends.

It leaked...

Ben

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

. . . and doubtless didn't look very pretty!

Reply to
Set Square