Toilet Training Required

Hello, complete newbie here. I've bought a Homebase bathroom suite which includes a toilet which comes with a concealed cistern. There is an L-shaped length of pipe that came with the cistern that apparently feeds into the pan ('low level' I believe). What I need help with is how this pipe connects to the toilet. There is a circular hole (bigger than the supplied pipe) at the back of the toilet which then steps up to another hole which is circular but flattened at two opposite ends. How in hell does this pipe fit to the pan? Any pointers most useful.

This past week I've turned from a fun-loving type of guy to someone who deeply detests plumbing in all its evil guises. I'm convinced they make it this hard to keep plumbers in work!

Cheers

Kev

Reply to
Kevin Howard

Should be a large rubber or plastic gland shaped like a (3 inch wide, 3 inch long) condom with the teat half cut off.

Sorry, I couldn't think of anything else ;-)

Reply to
Nige

Thanks Nige, that sounds like the right sort of thing. Anyone have any idea what its called / where these can be bought? Are they a 'standard' item (if anything in plumbing can be called 'standard') or is this another 6 week lead item?

Cheers

Reply to
Kevin Howard

It should be supplied with the toilet, check the bag of bits with all the syphon bits etc

Dave

Reply to
Dave Jones

This is probably why I am here - the pan/cistern did not come with any bits or instructions of any kind, hence my frustration. I think I'll be giving Homebase a ring tomorrow. Whether or not this was intentional remains to be seen.

Reply to
Kevin Howard

I've just bought a new bog from homebase. The cistern was full of all the bits and pieces necessary to put it together. Sounds like someone has made a mistake somewhere...

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan George

You need a 'cistern adapter' When I bought my toilet, I had to buy one so you might not actually be missing any bits. There is no glue or any thing, it's just a push fit. They have them at B & Q etc Simon

Reply to
SimonP