Toilet Seat problem

My toilet seat has slowly worked it's way loose. Looking at it last night and this morning I think I need 2 elbows and to be triple jointed in order to get my fingers tightly around the plastic nut at the back of the toilet as it's hidden behind a ceramic edge. I really can't get to it. Anyone any ideas on what to do. I'm tempted with a large hammer at the moment as it's not much use without a seat, except as a urinal...

Thanks

Reply to
John

Can't say I've ever had a problem, but you might try this

The Medway Handyman

Reply to
John

Some have lift-up flaps so you can get at the bolt heads with a screwdriver. At least then you only have to hold the nut rather than turn it. I've never known one that didn't work loose after a few months

Reply to
Stuart Noble

dirty :-)

Mind you, after I'd finished I realised I was leaning on a dirty toilet bowl to do it :-(

Reply to
John

I used Loctite on mine. Sorted.

Reply to