Toilet paper

Does anyone know if it is possible to get toilet paper with numbered sheets?

Reply to
Bill

Are you scrooge? :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Grimly Curmudgeon

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I bet there's an app for that..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nothing stopping you putting your own numbers on with a felt tip pen. Or is this a secret surveillance job?

Do you suspect someone is nicking your toilet paper? Or just being extravagant?

NB, Don't forget, you will need a log book to record the numbers.

You could put a cctv camera in there to really see who's up to no good.

Reply to
harry

Good grief. So the answer to the OP is actually "yes"

Reply to
Lobster

Although I suspect he meant sequentially numbered, which I have seen suggested (counting down) as a way to know how many sheets are left on a roll in an enclosed holder.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Having wondered how long a roll lasts, I wrote the date on one but by the time I'd finished the roll the date had faded or something.

Reply to
PeterC

Absolutely superb Colin!

Thanks also to Bill the OP, for this daft post: guaranteed to amuse.

J.

Reply to
Another John

Are you being funny Harry? :-D [Deadpan Harry: I think he is.]

"2013/4/21 0950 : Nos 37-38 - False alarm. 2013/4/21 1135 : Nos 39-63 - Major log jam cleared."

J.

Reply to
Another John

Counting up or down as you remove sheets?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Just fix a calculator beside the holder.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Or a rev counter on the shaft.

Pull out the roll, reset the counter, then wind the roll back on. You then have a countdown to zero.

Interface the rev counter to a micro processor and it can text you when the roll's about to run out.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Blimey, there wouldn't be time for it to fade in our house :(

BTW - I'm now trying to visualize this... did you unwind the entire roll, write the date on the end and then wind it all up again...?!

Reply to
Lobster

He wrote it on the first sheet :-)

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Naw he just wrote it on the side of the roll.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I have never considered myself so, but ideas are changing!

Having been around the toilets in the house stocking up on loo rolls I realised how recently I had done the same trip and got to thinking it would be "fun" to keep a log of usage for a while. I can't believe I just said "log"...........

Thanks to all for your comments, an interesting thread.

Reply to
Bill

Of course - where else?

Reply to
PeterC

You might get some skidding (in more ways than one).

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q