Toilet Pan Connector

Hi,

I am replacing a toilet which goes in to what appears to be an asbestos soil pipe I have a few questions. Initially can I say that I can't realistically replace the soil pipe with a PVC one as it goes through a newly refurbished extension.

  1. Will a standard pan connector create a water tight seal on an asbestos soil pipe.

  1. The diameter of the waste pipe is 120mm where it appears all pan connectors sold in DIY shops are 110mm, are there any suggestions. Can I get away with a 110mm connector and Plumbers Maite?

  2. I have to cut the pipe back a little 3" what should I use to cut through the pipe and what safety precautions should I take

If there is are other suggestions I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance,

James

Reply to
Jimbo1982

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Jimbo1982 saying something like:

Hacksaw.

Not being hysterical.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

is 120mm the outer or inner diameter ? finned pan connectors seal to the *inside* of the pipe so as long as that is similar to the ID of 110mm plastic (pass- I'm not dressed yet!) I wouldn'texpect a problem..

jim

Reply to
jim
120mm is the outer diameter. Can't see the inner diameter until a do the job.
Reply to
Jimbo1982

"Jimbo1982" wrote

Some good info here on working with asbestos

TheScullster

ah - when you find out post back onto this thread so future unfortunates get the answer!

ISTR other asbestos reinforced stuff (troughing, toof sheet is maybe

5mm thick - pipes may be a bit thicker to "survive" longer so you may be ok - last chance saloon would be a rubber coupling (with "jubille" clips at each end) - most builders merchants have a selection.. cheers jim
Reply to
jim