toilet limescale removal

I usually find a generous squirt of Harpic overnight, or when going away for the weekend does the trick. If I've been a bit remiss with the Harpic, then the "Kilrock Big K" that's periodically in ALDI does the trick.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Umm.. for reasons of convenience to the plumber, our main bathroom toilet is fed from the cold water soft supply. I would say the scaling is worse than simple limescale and dark grey in colour:-(

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Coca cola?

Reply to
RayL12

For them as is curious (as I was), DS3 is Sulphamic acid (although the MSDS calls it sulphamidic acid, which confused me for exactly as long as it took to google). It's reckoned to dissolve half its own weight of limescale.

Reply to
newshound

About £20 for two kilos, so reasonably economical.

Reply to
newshound

You may find Sainsbury's 'Limescale remover' in a blue bottle a more effective product.

Reply to
Michael Chare

I should hope theres a warning notice applied to the karzi, don't fancy acid walloping my delicate derrière first thing in the morn;!...

Reply to
tony sayer