Toilet Cistern - where's the overflow

Interesting comment, both this years and last years Heritage catalogue have mainly handle operated flushes, although there are some ranges with push button ones. I presume you did have the opportunity to see a catalogue or were buying from somewhere that did not offer the full heritage range.

Anyway, I agree I would not want a push button flush, guess we must be traditionalists!

Reply to
john

"pushbutton flushes, which we dislike".

Reply to
Huge

Must be the latter, I suspect.

We bought the shower from Merlyn - 1200x900 frameless glass & I'm going to get another shower valve from CP Hart, the same as the one in our en-suite.

Welcome!

Reply to
Huge

They finally delivered some satisfactory bits today. Three weeks after the initial delivery.

Reply to
Huge

But why do you dislike them? :-)

Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

What's all this hate about a poor little pushbutton? I rather like mine.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

I have no idea. Just don't. Like slipon shoes.

Reply to
Huge

It's the same thing really - not such positive control of the situation......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Ahh, now slipon shoes I can relate to.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

Maybe but it's a BUTTON - guys like pressing buttons. Do you have more control with a lever?

Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

Hello Huge

Hmm, I'd put it higher than good, but then I've been living with the crap bathroom from CrapBathroomsville for three years so my expectations might be different...

Example: Corner tiling inside shower cubicle - Tiles not meeting corner. So he used over an inch of grout. The tray was (not) sealed to the tiles with another inch wide and four inch deep strip of silicon. Not surprisingly, despite the bathroom being only 4 years old, the old shower has rotted out floorboards and an internal stud wall.

Oh, and he put up one of the glass shower screens close against a fitted cupboard. Not a problem - except he forgot to remove the big "This way up" label which couldn't be reached and has been annoying us every day since we got here.

H> We bought the shower from Merlyn - 1200x900 frameless glass H> & I'm going to get another shower valve from CP Hart, the H> same as the one in our en-suite.

Good plan - stick with what you know!

My last bathroom was also heritage, including whirlpool bath. That all worked fine, had great quality finish and the service through the local outlet was fine. But I think the main reason we chose them was because I really like their big quarter-turn enamel taps. ;)

2nd time around and (touch wood) everything's going very smoothly. On the home straight now!

-- Simon Dartmoor, England

Reply to
Simon Avery

Only ones that light up.

Reply to
Huge

I'd have agreed with you, except the repeated attempts to get undamaged woodwork, and the quality of that woodwork has dampened my enthusiasm.

[7 lines snipped]

Tee-hee. That's a good one.

[14 lines snipped]

I've had to stop for the moment. Other things to do...

Reply to
Huge

Hello Huge

Yeah, dragging problems like that can seriously change your viewpoint.

The woodwork we've had, mahogany and pine bath surrounds - have been fine. Quite well packaged and protected, but if the local outlet (who do the final delivery since HB don't deliver direct afaik) are kack handed then it could all go bad.

Our shower hose was held up for a month, and HB said they'd sent the WC flush handle twice, but it never appeared. (Local stockists replaced it with one from an over order). All the big items were fine, though.

I'm steaming ahead now, desperate to try out this shower! Currently having a cup of tea whilst covered in tile dust and having left grouty footprints across the hall...

Reply to
Simon Avery

*laugh*

BTDTGTTS.