Toilet cistern

Can anyone tell me where I can get replacements for the thin plastic sheets in the syphon of a toilet cistern? I have cut out plastic to replace them but they don't work so well as the original. Thanks

Reply to
chudford

Anywhere at all which sells plumbing bits, eg B&Q, Wickes, plumbers merchants...

Though personally I've always just cut bits of heavy-duty polythene to fit, without problems. If you buy a bespoke membrane you may well have to cut that anyway (if that's your problem), as the cross-section dimensions of syphons vary.

David

Reply to
Lobster

For the £4ish cost of a new siphon, is it really worth trying to repair an old one? Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

It is easy to change the diaphram as the top of the syphon can be removed without disturbing the inlet and outlet connections.

Reply to
chudford

It is easy to change the diaphram as the top of the syphon can be removed without disturbing the inlet and outlet connections.

Have some of the family become heavy handed - as they got used to using a worn diaphragm. Now they are perhaps pulling too hard and damaging the replacement? Or is it a case that the replacement isn't flexing enough - or too much?

Reply to
John

11p way down the bottom of this page
not worth it if you are not buying anything else.

I bought 2 at a pound each from our local DIY shop - I was most surprised when he said they had them...

Geo

Reply to
Geo

Go to Staples or any office supplies place & buy some of those translucent plastic folders with a press stud. Nice strong thick plastic - and a range of attractive pastel shades...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Any decent plumbers merchant stock them for a few pence But take the old one along as the are about 20 different shapes/sizes.

-
Reply to
Mark