Toilet button dual flush problem

The above supplied with a Ideal Standard toilet is giving problems. After flushing the tank fills then "over runs" into the pan. This happens every time but "over runs" for a variable amount of time. I have dissembled, cleaned and re-assembled, as far as I can, without removing completely, to no avail. Are they repairable of should I buy a new one, if the latter is there any make that is more reliable than others?

Reply to
Broadback

Surely a ball valve problem - water level too high and the cistern is doing what it should - overflowing into the pan. Nothing to do with the button feature.

John

Reply to
John

The message from Broadback contains these words:

The level in the cistern is controlled by the float-valve, not the flush mechanism - though the flush valve can in modern systems allow the overflow to go down the pan.

Check the operation of the float valve. It may just be sticky, or in need of a new diaphragm if a new sort, or washer if the old sort.

Reply to
Guy King