Toddler killed by fireplace

A three-year-old boy has died after a stone fireplace fell on him at his home in Motherwell. The self-assembly fireplace bought 18 months ago came free from its fixings and crushed Kieran Davidson on Sunday. The boy was taken to Wishaw General Hospital, but doctors were unable to save him.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3083039.stm
The tragedy comes just five months after a three-year-old girl was badly injured in a nearly identical incident at her home in County Durham. It led to home improvement centres across the UK being alerted to possible dangers from fireplaces installed using a gypsum-based adhesive.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2797341.stm
Owain
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.