Todays apprentice:-)

He has second fixed a job that I first fixed. Now only 3 of the 4 picture lights worked when the lightswitch was turned on.

He phoned me and asked about the route of the cable. Now only the 3rd light in a radial circuit from the light switch worked.

Anyone care to guess the problem:-)?

Reply to
ARW

You bein' a prat comes to mind? *eg*

Reply to
Unbeliever

Drilled through the cables to fix the lights to the wall!!?

Reply to
Toby

His parents gave him an Ex Box to play with as a child, instead of wires and torch-bulbs?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Is the one that now works, the one that did not before?

Reply to
John Rumm

I bet when you were an apprentice you were just perfect?

Reply to
harryagain

You only need to reverse one set of two wires to create the opposite problem to before. Seems to me that he has to be colour blind and unable to count. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

He f***ed up?

Reply to
Lobster

I dread to think what you were like, to have turned out how you have.

Reply to
Gazz

I thought wiring colours were chosen to be such high contrast it didn't matter what colour perception you had. Doesn't help with the counting, though.

JGH

Reply to
jgh

Not electrically. He had 4 picture lights in a radial. Only no 3 worked. When this light was moved to position 4 it still worked. When the light from position 4 was moved to position 3 it did not work. It was about as the stupid mistake I made with a TV a week ago.

Reply to
ARW

Not this one. He cares about his work. And he wired up the picture lights correctly.

Reply to
ARW

All the picture lights were wired up correctly.

Reply to
ARW

I have never been perfect or claimed to be perfect.

Reply to
ARW

Dud bulb?

Reply to
Fredxx

Duff bubble or individual on/off switches?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

WINNER

It was individual on/off switches

I have the T shirt for doing the same.

Reply to
ARW

what on earth (in this context) is "bubble"?

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Light bulb.

Reply to
ARW

In this contect a "bubble" of glass filled with not a lot and a very fine tungsten wire connected to the outside world.

TV and probably stage slang. It doesn't seem right calling a tungsten based bulb drawing 2.5 kW a "bulb", same for an 10 kW arc bulb. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice