Today's Toolstation revalations . . . .

  1. Low tack masking tape, code 85936, isn't.
    Siroflex SX polysulphide sealant, code 52048, is in a 400ml tube that doesn't fit a standard sealant gun.
fred

On 10/03/2011 17:22, fred wrote: ...

as being the standard. I have always bought the latter.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

were guns of varying sizes...

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

In article , Nightjar

Reply to
fred

Reply to
Nightjar

- the harder it is to remove.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thinking back, it was the sheds that introduced them to me, I never came across them in industry.

Just thought I'd pass on my revelation, in case it helps someone else. At 20 miles from home and with no access to hardware stores it came as a bit of a nasty surprise.

Reply to
fred

Yep, got that T-shirt, this was on and off in 30mins. I was using it on paper so I only lightly smoothed the working edge, knowing it could go wrong if I applied too much pressure. I've used decent low tack for this kind of thing in the past and this stuff definitely aint it.

You lot are useless, last time I come here to cry in my beer :-P

Reply to
fred

Glad to have been of service ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I thought 310mm was standard if that helps :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No idea which was first, but at one time the 310 ml tubes were all plastic and the 400ml tubes were all foil-lined wrapped cardboard, used for solvent glues that would soften the plastic tubes in storage.

Reply to
Andy Dingley