today's dogwalk pics (on topic)

Now here's interesting. On Google maps it is not visible on the aerial view but it is on streetview: on Bing it is present on the overhead aerial view but not on the angle view and streeview for them is not available for that road.

Eh?

Reply to
Woody

The various views don't use photos taken at the same time.

Reply to
Martin

Oh yes, it isn't one of them big buggers that now decorate the landscape. It's actually known locally as as a landmark called Pig Farmer's Folly.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

You don't say.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I hate to think what they call my fencing that stops them exercising their dogs along the riverbank.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

...and I thought it was just me who couldn't find it on Google aerial. Both views are marked 2015.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

In message , Peter Andrews writes

I think they are older maps/views with the date updated. Looking at my house on Streetview today, the view from the front of the house shows the front door as white. Looking from a side road, the same door is brown. It was being decorated at the time the Google cameras were out and about, and that was several years ago.

Reply to
News

Pity they all don't look like that.

Looks like it's going to be replaced with a bigger Folly:

nemo