to those that helped with my turntable

well, it got finished and it worked !!

thanks to all for your advice and suggestions.

fingers crossed this weekend for a prize now.

Vass

In article , Vass writes

OT: I notice you have a flickr pro account. I was looking to post some pics recently but wanted to keep at least some in a private gallery, does your pro account allow you to maintain some private, password protected areas? Information is a bit scanty on the flickr site so I went with another pay provider for my storage for now.

Reply to
fred

Hi Fred, yes Flickr allows each individual photo uploaded to have

*Total privacy *Only family may view *Only freinds and family may view *Everyone may view

You set who you'd like your 'Freinds' or 'Family' to be anyone else is just general public until you flag them otherwise.

I'm unsure how much of this ability you get without a 'PRO' account but its only $20 year I think hth

Reply to
Vass

OTOH if you have a static IP address, you can set up a server at home with your own domain, and do what you like with it for about a 5er a year costs..apart from the server of course.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

see here

Vass

You don't need a static address to do that, just a domain name. You can get a workable solution easily using

is some free software to start a server with.

Reply to
dennis

In article , Vass writes

running, despite Yahoo wanting everything but my inside leg measurement.

I like the layout of your account with the picture on the left and the and the vertical row of thumbs on the right.

My other trial account is with Smugmug which is better in some respects but the user view is a bit clunky and loading can be a bit slow.

Reply to
fred

In article , dennis@home writes

Yes, that's an option too but quick & dirty was the object on this occasion and it is sorted now.

Reply to
fred

If you'd said that's what you wanted it for we could have suggested a sort of epicyclic arrangement so they waltzed round in circles

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I did! and balls, wish I'd thought of that! :-)

Reply to
Vass

So you did, do beg pardon

If I'd noticed that at the time I'd have suggested a PIR or broken beam so it started when people walked past, and an MP3 player underneath providing musical accompaniment.

You could even have had a small fan blowing Lady Crow's skirt up!

Never mind, there's always the even grander version for next year.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

A dancing couple is one thing, but a whole ball would be a lot of work, let alone more than one...

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn