TLC Direct - delivery times ?

Anyone remember what the turnaround time was for their first order ?

Thanks :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

45 minutes.
Reply to
Andy Hall

I don't think standing at the counter counts for my purposes unfortunately :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

16 hours. Delivered 8am.
Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

Dunno, I have a branch about a mile away, always seem to have what I want in stock.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Impressive !

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I'll check out if i've got one nearby in a sec, but in the meantime :-} (ans: no, I don't)

Do you happen to know whether the Xpelair SL100 (slim) fan range has a shutter supplied with it ? - the more expensive LV100 range appears to, but I can't find any documentation that mentions it for the SL...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

That was a phone call and a delivery. They happened to have what I wanted on a van.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Forgive my ignorance, but I've only ever ordered stuff for delivery from TLC, and don't quite know what sort of a setup their branches are. Is it possible/normal/accepted practice to just turn up and ask for stuff, or should one have placed an order first? If the latter, is there some minimum time that they like between order and pickup? I ask because after running out of my "stock" from a big TLC order, I had to buy a couple of bits from B & Q and am determined not to pay their prices again if I can help it.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

Just turn up.

I have pre-ordered once to pick-up and they didn't have a record of the order at the branch.

In my experience the queues can be lengthy if you get someone in front of you that has no idea what they want. It's not the type of place where all the stock is on display. Get a catalogue first and/or search their web pages for the part numbers.

Reply to
Alan

Couple of days... (may take longer if they need to order stuff in - my last one was a week)

Reply to
John Rumm

No need - I expect most of their trade just wanders in.

understandable!

The shops are pretty much like Maplin was about 25 years ago - a small amount of stuff on display but fixed to the walls etc, and a large counter. Just ask for what you want and the bods will look on the computer and wander off and find it for you. Works even better if you have a list with order codes on it!

Reply to
John Rumm

Mostly next day, very occasionally two days, but I think that has more to do with the Post Office and the fact that we live out in the sticks.

Reply to
The Wanderer

I just turn up & ask for what I want. Seems like a lot of people do the same, sometimes a small queue. Its just a counter. I find them quite friendly & helpful.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Homebase is much worse!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Within a certain distance of branches, they deliver themselves.

Reply to
Andy Hall

TLC deliveries of internet orders seems to have improved enormously over the last few months. Not sure what they have changed in their system.

I now almost always get next day delivery, last year it could take 2-4 days.

Reply to
robert

Here in rural Cumbria, I depend of fast on-line mail order, very few counters within 100 miles, and none of the low cost suppliers.

TLC, BES (plumbing) and Screwfix all seem to be able to get things to me here in 24 hours or so.

When TLC made a small human mistake with an order, they corrected it by next post. Their office people are good to talk to, too.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Amazing if they are still using Parcelfarce.

Reply to
Andy Hall

BTW, You can get a deal on many of the catalouge prices in my local branch if you ask.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman