Titan Basemate Ladder leveler?

Does anyone have any experience of using one of these?

they any good or is there a better option?

Thanks. Brailetrail

Reply to
BraileTrail

Wasn't this discussed a short while ago?

Anywho, I reckon the Ladder Mat is the best & cheapest option

one for years, wouldn't go up a ladder without it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It was mentioned in a thread about two or three section ladders but I didn't get a feel for how good they were from that.

grass?

Brailetrail

Reply to
BraileTrail

Frequently. Also gravel, earth, slopes etc.

Handy cos it doesn't take up much room in the van.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's good. A supplier (very nice to deal with) and other possibilities are at:

PeterC

In message , BraileTrail writes

Not that particular one, but I use something similar and it is marvellous. There used to be times when I would take the risk and use a ladder on a slight slope, no need for that now and I feel a lot happier. Apart from levelling out the base of the ladder it also makes it wider which gives a bit more stability too.

Reply to
Bill

directions, so no two places for putting the ladder foot will have the same relative heights between the two feet. With the BaseMate you simply put the ladder in roughly the right place, and then kick the lever on the foot which is off the ground, and the ladder levels itself. They are far better than mats or wedges. With those you have to do a lot of trial and error to get the heights right, and then if you end up moving the ladder, chances are you have to start all over again. The BaseMate will also adapt to really big height differences, such as one foot on level ground, and the other in a trench. The feet are non-slip, swivel-jointed, and have teeth on their front edge for digging into rough ground.

Not only is the BaseMate brilliant at what it does, its only ~=A330! You can't go wrong...

dan.

Reply to
dent

ladder to slide more easily and make them dangerous, anyone actually used them?

Reply to
dennis
9/10 Basemate an excellent product. Fitted mine on 7.1m ladder around 7year s ago. Bought to make levelling easy as live on hill farm with sloping ground almo st everywhere. Used on 1 in 3 slope without any trouble. Spiked feet ends grip well on ice also on normal ground, once dug in, they prevent risk of base slipping on slope. With the feet flat the large footpr int makes working on freshly dug / wet & muddy ground easier, where regular ladder ends would sink right in.

One negative point, after 5 years starting to get some corrosion on bow leg at spots normally inside the 2 clamps. Tilt mechanism then sticks a bit, w d40 helps and clamps still grip. Perhaps a regular squirt of wd40 before le aving wet? Maybe always store with base at full offset, then any corrosion from damp inside clamps would be away from normal working position.

Headache - just drove machine over bow leg, and Basemate was discontinued i n September 2014 so can't buy replacement. Found a new clip-on version "Qualcraft 2475 Basemate" (old was bolt on) for sale om amazom.com but with shipping to uk + duty came to over £100. So will wait & hope for uk stock soon.

Reply to
2010