Tip of the day

Don't put GU10 lamps in the dishwasher. They're not watertight.

Don't ask me how I know...

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

How do you know ;)

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Jethro_uk wrote in news:8Ng0u.143208$on4.55235 @fx11.am4:

I bet that he put them in the dishwasher!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Jethro_uk wrote in news:8Ng0u.143208$on4.55235

Nahh, no man would be that daft:-)

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

perhaps he was indulging in some light cleaning......?

Reply to
Stephen

or that dim!

Reply to
Stephen

but did he deliberately put them in the dishwasher

Cue story about punter being told that he could clean his keyboard in a dishwasher (provided that you let it dry out properly before using it again) not realizing that this didn't apply if it's still connected to the laptop

tim

tim

Reply to
tim......

Why would you want to?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In any case, why did you want to light up the insides of the dishwasher?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

have you never heard of Sunlight Soap?

Reply to
Graham.

Because you've just plugged a wineglass into a downlighter?

Reply to
The Other Mike

En el artículo , The Medway Handyman escribió:

Covered in paint. See my other thread about GU10 fittings.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Not even the outdoor ones with duct tape over the cable inlet?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No he ran a simulation on a Quantum computer. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Only dim after wards though, and crackle a lot. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Blimey. No not even if its not connected. You should remove the membrane if that is what it uses, the rest will clean nicely but do not get it too hot. I also found a person whose cheap laptops key printing was taken off by a famous plastic cleaning product.. ahem. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

To get paint off of course. Silly question. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Recently seen on Reddit.

Onetap

En el artículo , Onetap escribió:

Heh.

By the way, for anyone interested: all the GU10 bulbs that went in the dishwasher still work. One lost its reflective coating, probably due to the corrosive nature of the dishwasher tablet, that got tossed.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson