TIP: Garden vacuum for woodworkers.

A garden leaf vacuum is absolutely brilliant for clearing up woodchippings and sawdust - from workshop and power tools.

I have just bought another to fix above my workbench with a flexible hose attached.

(Check out ebay to find one at a good price.)

Keith

Reply to
Keith (Dorset)

woodchippings

flexible hose

It would be interesting to know what the continus rating of the motor is, garden vacuums tend to be used for short bursts, workshop extraction tends to be used constantly....

Reply to
Jerry

Proper workshop dust extractors may great vacuums too. Where they both fall down is reducung the very fine (and most harmful) airborne particles.

Reply to
dom

Fair comment Jerry - I'm not leaving it on. Just cleaning up, as and when - and moving the hose around... like an elephant's trunk!

regards,

Keith

Reply to
Keith (Dorset)

Just as well too (used in the workshop I mean). The damn things are an abomination in a suburb, garden - the noise level is obscene (IMHO of course).

Reply to
Dave