Tiny house

I understand that even though they did not actually use that phrase and that they said no cats were harmed in the making of this commercial, a lot of people complained at the sound effect of a cat being swung on the car ad, and I've now not heard it for a good week.

SSo watch it the bleedin obvious PC police are after you.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I wonder if it'll float?

Tone

Reply to
Tony Haynes

As long as it's on wheels you can get away with a lot - Kevin McCloud, we're looking at you.

Stanley Daniel de Liver

I understand it's a corruption of "swing a cot" - in other words a hammock. But googling for a reference has cat'o'nine tails as the most common cat. And a reference to one that suggest "swing a cat" was in common vulgar usage 30 years before the cat'o'nine tails.

No cats were harmed. Sailor may have been...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Which is a pity, if it's just a plaything.

The real value is primary homes for people that otherwise can't afford a home of their own.

Reply to
Dom Ostrowski

reckon they built it as a sales office and then flogged it on after the rest of the estate.

Reply to
bobharvey

I think the one in our back garden is smaller than that.

History: previous occupant (but one) flogged off corner of garden to guy who built a one man joinery shop (about 35 years ago). About 12 years ago, he retired and a taxi firm took the building over as an office. About 7 years ago, it became a brothel (I've mentioned this before). Last year the building was demolished and a tiny house built. Has dispensation from council for no cycle storage (it's built to the boundary on all 4 sides); just a tiny recess by the front door, for the wheelie bin.

Downstairs, one room with kitchen area at the rear and toilet in other corner. Square staircase (three flights in 'spiral') and two bedrooms and bathroom upstairs. No windows to rear except for obscured glass for kitchen at head height. None to sides except for obscured glass for bathroom. Lots of windows to front!

Here is the old building, just after the brothel was closed. You can see it is quite a small footprint.

Bob Eager

Reply to
Robert E A Harvey

Reply to
Redrawn Buns

It was actually quite nice inside (there were pictures in the paper after the shotgun incident). And the picture is after they took down the signage (painted boards with palm trees and "Men's Health Club").

Reply to
Bob Eager

Bob Eager wrote, in on 24 Dec 2012 18:19:44 GMT:

Reply to
Nick Spalding

chappie in the bottom right of the picture, is clearly showing his frustration about the closure.

Reply to
Bertie Doe

No...but at one point there were chalked directions and phone number on the pavement.

Reply to
Bob Eager

judging by his colour he caught something there on a previous visit.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Well, I'm still unfinished a major clear-out and tidy-up of the workshop/store and pleasingly, have discovered that 80% of the stuff was actually useful, as I supposedly kept it for. The other 20% has risen as smoke mostly, being fed a bit at a time into an oil drum incinerator.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

classy.

Once when walking in Montevideo I was given a piece of paper bearing just an address. It was round the corner, so I put my head round the door. Well, you'd be amazed, that's all I can say.

Reply to
Robert E A Harvey

Nothing so subtle over the water in Buenos Aires:

Nick Odell

Reply to
Bob Eager

Given that I worked in Amsterdam for a while, I doubt it.

Reply to
Huge

Everywhere in Nodnol is like that, but with pictures.

Reply to
Ahem A Rivet's Shot