Tiny Bathroom

Not always appropriate. We sweated blood trying (successfully) to fit in a seperate shower 'cos the one we had over the bath was too hard for the wife to get into. We wanted to keep the bath so the kids can have a soak when they come home from rugby.

Reply to
Skipweasel

The beauty of a shower over the bath is that after you've soaked yourself you can stand away from the spray whilst you soap/gel yourself before hosing it all off, IYSWIM.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

You need a decent sized shower cubicle.

Reply to
Huge

Quite. Showers over the bath are vile. They don't just look bad they are a farce compared to a walk-in shower tray of adequate dimensions.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The Subject is "Tiny Bathroom", so a decent sized shower cubicle and a separate decent sized bath probably isn't possible. I know you can get baths with doors in the side to make it easier for people with restricted mobility to get in and out, but I don't know how well they work. Obviously the door is only usable when the bath isn't full of water....

Quick Google later, something like

Alan Braggins

fill. Enjoy bath. Pull plug, wait for it fo drain. The middle bit is fine, but the bits at either end aren't necessarily that pleasant.

Reply to
Clive George

[...]

Presumably someone with full mobility can just leave the door closed and do what they'd do with a normal bath? And someone who can't get into a normal bath and wants a shower doesn't have to go through the wait to fill/drain bit. If you want a bath and can't get into a normal bath, it's flawed, but so is having to rely on a helper or hoist.

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Why are you all talking about baths when I simply don't have rrom for one in this particular 'bathroom'? However, I do have a separate, yet again small, bathroom downstairs with a very tiny and practically useless bath in it! Lucky none of the family particularly enjoy baths and prefer showers.

Reply to
Jo

My comments are partly based on seeing what my grandmother-in-law bought. It's a bath you sit in, theoretically designed for old/infirm people, and I think it got used once. The bath is quite high - I reckon I could do it without opening the door but would quite like a short stepladder to help :-) It'll work as a shower, but a shower would do too and be somewhat cheaper.

The hoist or belt solutions (my grandmother had a "Bath Knight") seem to be rather more practical. I reckon I could have used a bath knight while I had a bust hip, though fortunately our shower is big enough and has a sensible surface to allow crutching into it and having something to lean on while in (poor zimmer frame, relegated to being showered on), so I just did that.

(Jo - it's thread drift. We're not talking about your immediate problem any more.)

Reply to
Clive George

Gathered that....but I thought the idea of a newsgroup was for people to give advice to those who post questions.....not to 'talk amongst yourselves'!! (only jesting).

Reply to
Jo

I never had a problem in my Swedish's flat.

It was *much* larger though

tim

Reply to
tim....

The only wet rooms I've used, have had shower curtains, and floors which sloped to the drain. Never had a problem keeping the TP dry.

Reply to
S Viemeister

In message , Jo writes

It's called thread drift - get used to it

Reply to
geoff

Take TP out of wet-room when having shower, remember (or as as not don't) to bring TP back in when required. Leaving TP outside the door still makes it only arms length away so, as the point of the WetRoom was to fit the essentials into a minimum space, I just live with it.

Reply to
djc

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Jo" saying something like:

May I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the Shitower?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember S Viemeister saying something like:

Indeed. I installed a decent sized one a few years ago in a retirement home and it was large enough for that not to be a problem.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember jgharston saying something like:

Depends on how acrobatic you and your partner are.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Jo" saying something like:

It's just the way things work - no moderation to ruthless cut off and out any drifting posts. I much prefer it that way, as some very useful informative info comes up during drift, as ideas pop into posters' heads. The thread isn't the OP's property, btw, it's a free-for-all.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Or the more genteel Shloo.

Reply to
Skipweasel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Skipweasel saying something like:

I see the manky bastards purloined the word...

was a joy to behold; a symphony of internal design and function/form melding.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon