timer & thermostat

Where is a good place to peruse and/or buy heating timer and thermostat from. I'm after LCD versions, with good features and they must be from the same model range for looks and be flush fittable (I expect in a standard recessed box).

Thanks, Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

VisionSet said

seems reasonable

Reply to
zaax

You'll find it difficult to find flush mounted thermostats.

I would fit a programmable thermostat and not have a timer. If you must have a timer, just stick the heating on 24/7 and use the programmable thermostat for timing, which it can do a much better job of than a on/off programmer.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

what do you reckon to these?

VisionSet

thermostat with a second timing channel for a hot water system.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Problem is, what with all my browsing, I've been seduced by touch screen technology. Now I want a touch screen and flush model...

I take it (in lieu of some real reading on the subject) that a programmable thermostat relies totally on temp settings, just that these are controlled over time such that off is actually some sensible frost protection.

-- Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

Indeed. It is one of the many advantages of having a programmable stat over a programmer and separate fixed output stat. Another is that the override controls are in the lounge, rather than a dark and manky understairs cupboard. There are many more still, such as suitability for multi-zone systems.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle