Time for the thermal underwear

I have not done anything wrong, it's just bloody cold working outside.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It was a bit parky trudging through the snow this morning

Made a change from the floods last week.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

M&S thermals reign supreme here.

Reply to
grimly4

yep. Checked temps today. 3C outside. 15mph wind. On went double knit socks, vest, pants, t shirt, double knit jumper, tweed jacket (lined) scarf..

and off to Dork the Wogs!!

Even they were glad to come back inside.

Nice day here, but with windchill it felt like -5C!!!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Is that legal?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thread resistance wire through it, and you can hook it up to any nearby pc psu. Dont plug it into the mains ;) A guy interviewed about doing this said he was very comfortable in rooms heated to 10C.

NT

Reply to
NT

You can buy battery heated underwear/clothing.

I am comfortable working in but not sitting in a 10C room with just a jumper and normal thermals on.

It was 1.5C and I was outside with a cold wind and pouring rain when I felt uncomfortable.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

not if you get caught in the bushes wogging

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Unfortunately it is, even though it leads to Fentonism. Times today even had a feature about it and awarded prizes for instances of Fentonism.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sunday =3D bath night?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Sewn in for the winter? .-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

I'm doing night shifts at home (thankfully) - big VMWare migration...

I have my back to a coal stove and I'm very warm :)

Even better, tonights migrations went well, so I'm sodding off to bed early hehe :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

I thought the protection from free ranging dogs on private land (at least where livestock are involved) was 1oz of No.9 shot doing about 1000fps?

Reply to
Huge

Or perhaps a laminated sign warning of same?

Actually, wasn't it Tim that posted a while back about ideas for laminated notices arising from dog related problems?

Reply to
fred

A substantial potential difference between the plate and ground...

(oops, bad choice of words, w_tom will probably come running)

Reply to
Bob Eager

No snow yet here.

Wind proof makes all the difference. 5C today with a bitter wind and it felt colder than the 1.5C. Swapping my jacket made the difference.

I just cannot work with gloves on for second fix electrical work.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In article , ARWadsworth writes

Would fingerless gloves be any good?:

black-yellow/

Note, you don't have to have 3 fingers missing to use them.

Reply to
fred

I'll give them a try.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I do have some gloves that are similar. They still slow down fix.

I wore them today when the rain was hitting me horizontally whilst I was fitting some cameras. I had to abandon the job to save the cameras from the rain

Reply to
ARWadsworth