time for a new electric shower?

I find it strange that similar shower units can be so different, I think the answer may be to fit a power shower, but I've not looked into this other than a power shower needs a cold and hot water supply.

If I decided to go for a power shower could this be fed from the hot tap that feeds the bathroom sink, via the immersion tank? It may solve the problem for me, although the hot flow is poor compred to the mains cold feed.

Stephen.

Reply to
stephen.hull

In article , snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com scribeth thus

Yes best to take it off right at the top of the tank and the cold at the same pressure too..

Thats what the pump in power shower is for;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

Our immersion tank is situated in the bedroom at about the same height as the presently fitted electric shower.

Not sure if I would be able to get equal pressure, I was thinking of connecting two twin 15mm chrome pipes from the same source behind the bathroom sink to feed a power shower.

Does the water pressure have to be equal?

Stephen.

Reply to
stephen.hull

If you have mains cold, you could fit a venturi shower - that uses the cold mains pressure to help "pump" the hot.

Reply to
John Rumm

The height of the immersion tank in not important, its the height of the cold header tank in the loft that dictates the pressure. (approx 1 bar for every 30' of head)

If using a pump, the feeds want to be at least at similar pressure. Note that you are not allowed to pump water from the cold main. Hence you either have to provide a dedicated cold feed to the pump from the header tank, or use a single impeller pump to just boost the hot pressure and then into a normal mixer with the mains cold. You can fit a pressure reducer to the mains feed if you cold pressure is still too high compared to the pumped hot.

Reply to
John Rumm

In article , snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com scribeth thus

Yes the hot and cold .. the cold in this instance is from the storage tank that feeds the hot water tank.

The pump in the power shower does the work..

Reply to
tony sayer

That makes sense now thanks. A to-do job for the summer me thinks ;-)

Stephen.

Reply to
stephen.hull