Timber prices? Sussex ideally.

Hi all.

Time for me to build a new shed. Not a great problem, but I'm looking for the most inexpensive timber I can find, naturally.

The base is 1.65m x 3.0m and (unless advised otherwise) it's going to be 18mm exterior ply over 50mm x 50mm joists, themselves resting on blocks. To use the most common sheet size of 2.4 x 1.2 I'll need three sheets with a fair bit of waste. £25.25p a sheet from Wickes, so thats at least £85 just for the base.

So, anyone know of supplies for timber that are more affordable? I've tried various timber merchants but all seem more expensive. Any importers I can visit maybe?

Thanks.

Mike Barnard

Have you a salvage yard in your area? Reclaimed is very good value. Of course there is some luck in finding exactly what you want.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Didn't think of it. Nice idea, I'll look around tomorrow. Thanks.

Mike Barnard