Timber Merchants ... Manchester Area

Does anyone know of suppliers of high quality kiln dried and/or stable reclaimed timber?

The application is for making ledge & brace doors, shelve units and cabinet carcasses etc so stability is very important (as I have found out to my cost!).

TIA

Alex

Reply to
Alex White

If by kiln dried you mean new then Tomlinson Parbans in High Lane are excellent. But reclaimed wood is much harder to come by here as the councils don't seem to recycle it.

Reply to
Mike

Yup i did. Cheers Mike, I'll give them a try.

FYI I have had reclaimed stuff from Buxton Reclaimed Timber (which are good for value) but the moisture content has been variable.

Reply to
Alex White