Timber for sidelight panels

Hi. Nearing the finish of the door frame with sidelights and toplight. Lower half of sidelights will be solid so what should I use here. Is 1 piece of 18mm ply or two x 12mm with something inbetween?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

Interior or outside door? Double glazing?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

External door with frame members 80mm deep. I'm assuming I'll be able to afford double glazed panels but the lower half of each sidelight will be a solid panel.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2