Tiling - Wall Tiles or Floor Tiles first

Hi,

I'm about to re-tile our downstairs toilet and it's going to have both floor and wall tiles.

Can someone tell me the accepted wisdom on the order in which to tile? Floor then wall or wall then floor?

Thanks Chas

Reply to
Charles Gregory

Flooring first and then cover it with a dust sheet before doing the wall. If you have skirting and are not removing it, then you can go either way, but if you are removing or don't have skirting, then do flooring first right up to the edge and then bring your wall tiles down to meet the flooring and seal it properly with a good silicone bead.

Reply to
BigWallop