Tiling/ Shower

If the pipework is buried in the wall and you know it is sound and not leaking then it's fine to tile now. Keep some spare tiles in case there are any complications.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Does the pipe sticking out the wall have sufficiant lenght to connect to the shower after the tiles are affixed? If so tile first.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I am about to get my bathroom tiled. I have an electric shower which want installed (i do not have any shower at the moment - i have capped off pipe sticking from the wall which is for the shower). M question is should i get the shower installed first or get the tilin done 1st?

thank

-- hkt7383

Reply to
hkt7383

Tile first. Electric showers need to stand proud of the tiles by a few mm to stop them overheating.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

hi, theres at least 10cm sticking out so i presume its enough? also

should i have an electric cable coming out the wall too cos i dont see to have one.. i do however have the pull cord switch on the celilin which turns on when i pull it though i dont know where it is connecte to..

please hel

-- hkt7383

Reply to
hkt7383