tiling shower

Hi im going to tile two walls over a stone reisin shower tray the shower surround isnt fitted and isnt on site. do i tile to the outside edge of shower tray and install the shower enclosure on the tile'( if so what will i use on the edge of tiles that shows outside shower enclosure) or do i keep back a bit from the edge (maybe an inch) and fit the shower enclosure onto the wall and seal between the tile the inside edge of the enclosure. the rest of the room will not be tiled just the shower.

Reply to
william

In message , william writes

Tile out to the edge of the enclosure frame, then you have something decent to bed the enclosure against. In fact ISTR from my installation instructions that you are supposed to have the sealant on the outside edge of the enclosure, but not the inside or somesuch?

Hiding the edge of the tiles is easy enough. I used a chrome finish tile trim stuck on, alternatives would be a bit of wooden bead, painted/stained or a bit of upvc bead /trim - exactly what depends on the overall finish of the bathroom

Reply to
chris French