Tiling round electrical cable

Hi,

I am re-doing a shower cubicle. The shower is electric so it has a cold water supply (copper pipe) & an electrical cable running into the back of it. I will be tiling around these cables/pipes before the shower is fitted. I amn't sure how to do this. Both cable & pipe will be coming thru the tiles at the same place. Do I just leave a small gap round them both & grout?

TIA

Johnny

Reply to
TenaciousJohnny

Yes that would be fine,or dont even grout..

tarquinlinbin

Have a good look at your shower unit before tiling. Work out the best points for pipe & cable entries to make it easy when fixing the unit to the wall.Also, if possible leave some slack cable inside the unit case if space allows, this will be useful if you have to fit a replacement shower unit in the future as you can bet your bottom dollar the mains connectors will be sited miles away from where you bring the cable through on your old one.

Reply to
michaelangelo7

Nice one - useful advice.

Reply to
TenaciousJohnny

You can get chromed or white cover plates that you can push pipes through and cover any unsightly holes. I would use two and have the water separately and the electric coming through white 20mm conduit. The final water connection can be done in genuine chromed pipe.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle