Tiling Question

I am redoing the En-Suite and SWMBO wants it fully tiled. I do not have a problem with the actual tiling procedure but the original tiling was floor to ceiling in the shower area and half way up on the rest. The original untiled area is emulsion painted with vinyl gloss. My question is can this be tiled straight on top after giving it a key with a sander? I do not want to have to take all the paint off first unless there is a risk of the tiles falling off at a later date. If I need to take the paint off does anybody have any tips as my steam stripper will not shift it, I tried while removing all the original adhesive left behind after removing the original tiles!
TIA
John

this
want
tiles
removing
you'll be fine john :-), the adhesive should stick well to the paint, but you can lightly key the area to be sure.

floor
anybody
Yep, I'd go with that. Just rub it down with some coarse sand paper until the shine dulls down a bit.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

have
original
not
tiles!
but
Also, as the adhesive will be sticking to the paint, your bond is only as good as the paint's bond to the wall, so if there's any patches of loose paint etc, it'll probably be best to peel/sand back to well bonded paint.
look at PVA Bonding usually if you applly a bonding this will give something to stick to....Pop down to D-I-Y Store and look at PVA Bonding