Tiling over plaster

Just wondered how long to leave 3-4mm of skimmed plaster over plasterboard to dry before tiling in bathrrom . I intend to seal with UPVA first.

Cheers

Reply to
perky

I would leave it for three or four days.

However, before tiling, check with the tile adhesive manufacturer in regard to whether sealer or primer is needed or even appropriate. Some specifically say not to use it.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I would suggest leaving it a few days after the plaster looks and feels dry.

PVA isn't a water seal -- it softens in water. Use a proper shower tanking product if you want to seal under the tiles. It would have been better to use a cement board (e.g. aquapanel) rather than plasterboard in a shower.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Tiles on skimmed plasterboard are not actually going around bath as such as it is free standing one - just over a boarded up door ...

Reply to
perky