Tiling over paint

Hi

I've decided to do some extra tiling in an area of my bathroom. This area was painted a couple of years ago by me. The paint job is very good if I say so myself. I remember I used a Dulux emulsion paint which was specifically for bathrooms and so quite resistant to water.

I'm wondering if before I should remove this paint before I start tiling and if so how best would I go about doing this?

The actual surface of the paint is very smooth to the touch. It has occurred to me that maybe I should just "rough it up" [*] a bit with a stiff scrubbing brush and sugar soap, then apply tiles on that.

[*] The paint that is.
Reply to
patrick j