tiling over melamine?

I'm about to tile a small corner in our utility room - one side formed by a solid wall, the other by the end panel of a run of kitchen units. Any special prep I should apply to the melamine-faced panel before tiling over it?
Julian
--
Julian Fowler
Julian Fowler wrote:

I'd tile straight onto it, but sand it down with coarse sand paper first to give a key. Make sure you wipe down afterwards to remove all the dust.
--
Grunff

I may be wrong but I would have thought that after sanding it down (to remove the smoothness of the melamine presumably) it might have been a good idea to apply some watered-down PVA adhesive so as to seal the interface between tile and melamine. Isn't that what you are supposed to do with a plasterboard surface?
I don't claim that to be expert advice, it's just a thought that passes thru my mind presented with this problem. Someone else may come along and say "daft idea" :)
PoP
PoP wrote:

PVA certainly wouldn't hurt - you can *never* use too much PVA ;-)
--
Grunff