Tiling on to (floor) tiles?

Hi all,

We are giving our kitchen a fairly extensive face lift. Most of the kitchen is a '70's extension to the original 1915 scullery. The current floor has very '70's ceramic tiles fitted when the extension was built (by the previous owner), so most of the tiles are stuck down onto concrete (the other tiles are stuck onto the original quarry tiles - but in terms of area, that's not much). So my question is, is it OK to stick new tiles (modern quarry tile style) onto the existing ceramic tiles. (I can cope with any slight height difference). If yes, it will save me many months trying to hack off the existing tiles and making smooth.

Many thanks,

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

I did it, first scoring the surface of the old tiles to give a better key (not sure if that was necessary). A few years later - no apparent problem. All you have to cope with is matching the higher floor level with adjacent rooms

Reply to
Paper2002AD