Tiling on plywood

Plywood is screwed to the floorboards.

Do I tile directly on to the plywood or should I prime it first and if so, with what?

mark

Reply to
Mark

Tile directly: Thick bed flexible gunk: suggest Ardurit.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I was advised to apply watered down PVa and tile before it dries. Seems to have worked ok. Paul

Reply to
me

Doesn't hurt, but the only function is to stop cement drying out prematurely and boards getting wet. Decnt ply wont suck that much anyway.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

have worked ok.

and boards getting wet.

My old gaffer used to say "Stop the suction". Painting, plastering, all sorts of jobs it applies to.

Reply to
Dave Gordon

I'll apply dilute pva. Thanks for the info.

mark

Reply to
Mark