Tiling on new plaster surface

As part of the bathroom refit I had the room replastered ( several weeks ago so I am happy it has dried out )

I will shortly be fixing the part tiling. ( ceramic 250 mm x 330 mm x 8mm) .

I presume that the virgin plaster will require some sort of treatment prior to the tile fixing. PVA ? what strength.

Sorry I should have asked the plasterer.

Thanks

Richard

Reply to
Jack Fate

No.

Its up to you if you seal it. It merely makes the tiles slide down the wall instead of grabbing.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Follow the instructions on the tile adhesive pack.

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

If part of the tiled area will be used for a shower then I would say it is important to waterproof the plaster before tiling.

M.

Reply to
Mark

I would say it isn't, and I never did, and there are zero problems.

A long as the gruout in the tiles is proper stuff no water gets behind the tiles.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher