Tiling kitchen floor over Lino

I am planning on tiling my kitchen floor half of which is floorboards (which I am covering with 1/2" ply screwed every 6") the other half is Lino laid on top of quarry tile (still sound) laid on top of concrete.

Can I fix ply (1/2" would give me a nice level floor) over the top of the lino/tile/concrete mix (screwed into the concrete base layer) of is it hammer and chisel time?

Thanks for any advise

Reply to
docskeg

Don't see why not if the lino part is flat. I think I'd spend time with a straightedge making sure it is first. You could "screed" the lino roughly with a pva/cement mix to fill any dips

of is

Reply to
Stuart Noble