Tiling Kitcen : Second Question

Where the tiles meet in an internal corner, I read that it is now common practice to use silicone filler rather than grout as it more flexible as walls and buildings shift over time.

I am OK with using silicone filler in the corner but I donut want to use a white one.. so I'm thinking of using clear or translucent.

My experience in the past is that clear/translucent filler go brown with age :-((

Can anyone recommend a clear filler that will stay clear and not go brown?

Ed

Reply to
Ed

I'm not quite sure what you have against white sealant. What colour grout are you planning to use?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

tis white grout generally.

Tiles (25 cm width) have vertical white stripes down the middle at 12.5 cm. But the way the tiles are, the last tile into corner has its vertical white stripe only 4cm from the corner . I don't want to add another white vertical line of white sealant there as I think it spoil appearance ,

Reply to
Ed

how does the row start - full or cut tile? and have you done it yet?

I'd be tempted to mess around with excel or similar spreadsheet to tot up tile widths, grout lines etc over a full row on this wall to see if I couldn't arrange cut tiles in favour of the pattern you describe?

Any tile to tile joint in a corner is going to be pretty obvious whether in white or "translucent" IMHO..

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

... and generally ignored by anyone looking at it as it's a corner. If anything clear silicone would make it more obvious; at least, people will wonder why it's not white as that's what they'd expect.

Also, if it's like most kitchens I've ever been in, they'll be stuff in front, obscuring most of it anyway!

Reply to
Scott M

good point I was auto-thinking "bathroom, around bath" tiling...!

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K