Tiling - including a mirror

I want to include a mirror on one of the walls in the cloakroom I'm tiling. It'll be around 660mm x 500mm (H x W) and 6mm thick (the tiles are 7mm).

Any problems with using the same adhesive and grout as the tiles?

TIA.

I don't know, but there is a special adhesive available from glaziers for thie purpose which is designed not to damage the silvering on the back. Some adhesives damage the silver, either by shrinking whilst setting and cracking the silver, or by chemically reacting with it over a longer period afterwards.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You would be better off with a specific product

no probs with the mirror backing then.

Grout should be OK.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ah! Thanks for the warning!

Silicone strikes again! Is there nothing the stuff won't stick?

Good.

Thanks.