Tiling - how to darken the grout ?

When replacing an old tile to match the old ones

or perhaps just whiten up the old ones ?

ta

Mix some soot in to the new grout...BAL grout comes in ivory, grey and white.

Between the three of them you should be able to match...

Alternatively gouge the old grout out and re do. Brick acid attacks grout pretty well..;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

clean the old, and paint varnish onto the new. That takes the edge off it and makes it easier to clean. It doesnt take long before it matches completely.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

This stuff isn't bad:

I think if I were you I'd be concentrating on cleaning up or renewing the old grout rather than trying to make the new stuff look old and grubby...

David

Reply to
Lobster