Tiling

I like Cerafix (about £10 for a proper sized tub from B&Q) and Wickes own-brand waterproof.

Reply to
John Stumbles

The plasplugs cheapie is suprisingly good, but for broad cuts (more than a couple of cm off the edge) I always use a score'n'snap type which is quicker, less messy (the electric ones splatter mucky water around) and gives a cleaner cut (though it leaves a razor sharp edge: rub the edge on the back of another tile to blunt it).

I have the sort with a metal base and a dangling flattened Y-shaped bit to press down on the tile and cut it after scoring. I used to have an ultra-cheap one where you had to pick the tile up after scoring it and stick it in another part of the machine to snap it, but the trouble was you couldn't always see the score line.

Reply to
John Stumbles

The score and snap cutters will work for certain ceramics but not for stone.

Reply to
Andy Hall