Tiling

Is it possible / advisable to tile straight on top of good sound vinyl silk emulsioned walls?

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Hi, dont know if its advisable but it is possible, I've done it, and in the bathroom as well ! still there five years on, I thought some might give when I knocked through into the extension right next to the tiled wall but they were fine :-)

Reply to
Staffbull

"John" wrote in an inquisitve frame of mind .....

Yes, I did it 3 years ago during a kitchen refit and the tiles are all rock solid.

Reply to
Codswallop

Yes. Score it a bit if it bothers you

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, although it is better to remove some of it for a better key. It usually comes off nicely if you score and steam it. You don't have to make a good job of it, just get enough off so that there is plenty of plaster to adhesive joint.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle