Tiles on plasterboard

I have a new kitchen to install an, obviously, wife doesn't like the tiles the previous owner had. I removed 1with a thin blade scraper and found that the removal caused serious damage to the plasterboard. Anyone know of a better way to do this ?

that
Score them all with a good hand held tile cutter then tap them with a hammer to get them to break in bits. They should peel off a lot easier that way. Or tile straight on top of them after you've cleaned all the grease off and scratched the surfaces to key the new adhesive in.

tiles
hammer
and
I've tried banging thin scraper blades down behind them, and cracking them in situ then removing the bits. Severe plasterboard damage was always the result. Sorry!
Andy

the tiles

found
know of a

a hammer

that way.

off and

When I had my kitchen retiled the tiler said that getting tiles of plasterboard is impossible without a lot of damage, he just tiled over the old ones and you would never know.
Angela
Angela wrote:

This is often the case and depends a lot on the orig adhesive used. Luckily it often is rubbish "fix & grout" if done by an amateur, so isn't too bad. I've had very good results with SDS drill with tile-removing bit. You wouldn't believe how fast it is and often the tiles come off whole... I just did a bathroom where the tiles were put on properly and it had no trouble there either. You tend to get more adhesive left on the wall with this method which requires separate scraping but at least the wall isn't damaged.
Jim wrote:

Not really. Skim the board and re-tile. Doesn't have to be that good.