tiles around a fireplace

hello We need to replace the tiles aroudn our fireplace. The current ones are green victorian rectangles. We'd either like to replace them with something similar or something very modern. Does anyone know a good source of victorian tiles or give any advice about what modern tiles are suitable for fireplaces. I've spoken to the owners of various tile shops and keep getting conflicting advice about whether glass tiles or modern ceramic tiles are appropriate.

Many thanks. Bella

Reply to
bella2002tii

Are these tiles on the hearth, ot up the sides? Is it a "cast-iron fireplace"?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

hello The tiles on the hearth have cracked and need tob e replaced but if I can't find a match I will replace all of them - sides and hearth. The fire place is cast iron.

Reply to
bella2002tii

go for originals - they won't look naff in two years time and you can b

sure they'll work. Try LASSCO if you live in London, you can also ge cheap repro art deco style majolica tiles on ebay

-- cantorthomas

Reply to
cantorthomas