tiles

can anyone help please I want to lay slate tiles on a very firm flat wood floor what sort of adhesive and grout would I need also would I need to treat the tiles with anything the tiles I was thinking of getting are from homebase, thank you nuttynana

Reply to
Nuttie Nannie

First thing I would ask is is this a suspended wooden floor and how heavy are the tiles. It is quite easy to exceed the rated loading of the joists underneath if it is.

Reply to
G&M

Most fllors take thimgs like pianos and even water tanks and baths wich are a lot heavier than slate of 5mm thickness etc.

Flooring slate is not that heavy, but any flexing will break the bond and lead to lifting tiles.

I have used Ardurit flaxible tile adhesive over chip flooring. It has a little give.

Effect is very nice.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not in older houses. Putting a new bathroom in upstairs with complete disregard for joist loadings is far too commonplace.

Reply to
G&M