tile quadrants as bath seal

Hiya
I'm piling on the sealing solutions one on top of the other in a desperate attempt to future proof!
I have silicon around the bath/tiles but have a large gap on one side that I've decided to try and tile quadrant over.
I think I can do this over the silicon as the adhesive that goes against the quandrant and tiles/bath only touches the edges of the quadrants? should I fill the gap under the quadrant with anything else?
Also, after grouting, when I silicon the 2 edges of the quadrants should I still fill the bath to allow for movement ?
Does the adhesive and grout that fixes the quadrants also flex in the same way the silicon does or will that crack over time?
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Why not fix the quadrants on with silicon? The tile cement won't flex at all.
Rob Graham
snipped-for-privacy@lse.ac.uk (nomit) wrote:
Hello nomit

I think it's better to accept you'll have to do it again in a few years...

No point really. If one fails then it's almost certainly have failed due to movement which will probably have caused the other methods to fail too. I suppose a non-setting mastic might be more flexible at a guess, but I've never used it for this.

Yes, fill bath and leave to 30+ minutes before tiling. Use the supplied adhesive rather than any-ol' silicone. Ensure both surfaces are SPOTLESS before starting.

Any solution depends on the bath not moving too much. If yours is failing prematurely, then some reinforcement of the bath supports might be a better route to take.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK