Tile importers cheaper than Fired Earth

Does anyone know of any tile importers who are cheaper than Fired Earth in the South East Area/or who deliver UK wide? I like Fired Earth tiles but not the prices- I think most of the range are not in house products but are imported from France/Spain/Italy etc. presumably there are other importers in the UK who import the same quality of tiles but don't have the Fired Earth premium?
Thanks
Martin
Martin wrote:

Fired eweath are pretty cheap on terra cotta, but try terra-cotta direct. In East anglia. Best prices I found, tho I didn't ultimately use terracotta.
Google on terra cotta and see what comes p.

in
but
are
importers
Thanks I found the site http://www.scoot.to/t/terracotta_direct/ I am actually looking for coloured glazed tiles rather than natural colour
Martin
Martin wrote:

Dunno if they have a website, but Smith and Wareham in Bury St Edmunds are my first choice these days.

I've seen the sign from the A14 but never been through the door so that is another place to investigate.
I suspect that you are interested in the same character of fittings that I am, suitable for rustic timber framed houses, so have you any more hot tips for good local suppliers - for anything, not just tiles.
Anna -- ~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plasterwork, plaster conservation / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling and pargeting |____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 07976 649862

I have just bought travertine floor tiles from nature fusion in london and they delevered to the north east. web site is www.nature_fusion.com i think but you can google. Nice guy to boot, no connection just a happy customer. Tell him I put you on to him I might need some more one day!!!! Rob Wilkinson

It's www.nature-fusion.com although it didn't load properly when I tried it.
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (www.pumaracing.co.uk) I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (rob w) wrote in message

doh wrong web address should be http://www.nature-fusion.com /
rob

Earth in

but
but are

importers
Fired
Thanks! they look like the sort of thing I'm looking for... Martin

It depends what you want out of the Fired Earth range. We foudn some of the marble and travertine tiles were availabel from Topps tiles at a fraction of Fired Earth's prices. Some Terracotta, slate and polished marble from Wickes. Given the huge disparity in prices between the UK and Spain/Portugal/Italy it may be worth your while to source them yourself.
All of Fired Earth's marble and stone range can be found in Italy at locations close to airports for a fraction of the price that they can here. I'd be tempted to take a van and bring them back myself.

Anyone. Anyone at all.