Tile grouting in shower.

Hi,

Yesterday I was having a shower and noticed that all of a sudden the supports under one side of the shower tray seemed to become ineffective, this resulted in a few little (3x1 inch) tiles at where the tray's silicon seal is attached getting torn off the plasterboard.

I have now remedied the situation with the supports. Turns out that some clever clogs had put a piece of skirting board under the feet of the support back when the shower was installed, which would have been fine had they been fixed to the floorboards but they were not and have apparently taken 10 years to work themselves out from underneath the feet.

Also I have reattached the tiles using evo-stik "sticks like shit." adhesive since I am a lazy bugger and did not want to go and get proper tile adhesive and remove the existing stuff and so forth, question is now, could I simply run some silicone around where the grouting is now missing as I redo the seal or must I put new grout in? Is there any horrible side effects from using the silicone lazy boy method? I will rebuild the entire shower in a years time or so.

//J

Reply to
Jan Larsen

Sanitary grade silicon will be fine.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Marvellous, it has been done, yes using sanitary grade silicon. Even mildew resistant it says on the cartridge, it does not look like a work of art but it will be fine for a years time.

//J

Reply to
Jan Larsen